Weekend Masses are celebrated in the Parish at the following times: SATURDAY: Vigil Mass 6.00pm (Selby) SUNDAY: 9.30am (Selby) 11.15am (Carlton) For Mass Intentions, week day Masses times and further information please see the ‘Newsletter’. EXPOSITION OF THE BLESSED SACRAMENT Selby: before 10.00am Mass on Wednesday SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION (Confession) Selby: Saturday 9.30am - 10.30am Carlton: On request
1. St Mary’s Church SelbyThe present St Mary's and St Germain (1856) was designed by Dunn and Hansom of London and is built in the early decorated Gothic style. Notable features include the East Window consisting of five lights. The centre one is of Our Lady, the principal patron of the church, and St Germain and St Lawrence are on one side with St William of York and St Edward the Confessor on the other. The arms of the Petre Family appear in the side windows.
2. St Mary’s Church CarltonThe church, presbytery and a school opened on the 31st August 1842. In 1876 a small convent behind the church was established for the nunsof the Order of the Sisters of Mercy. A walled footpath called Convent Walk, known locally as Nun's Trod, linked the three buildings.The church is built in the Gothic style, with white brick and stone dressings. The stained glass window above the altar is in three sections, with the Blessed Virigin Mary in the centre, flanked by St Augustine and St Gregory.
3. Selby Foodbank ProjectA venture supported by Churches Together in Selby, the Foodbank's operation depends on it receiving sufficient donations to make up food boxes for a family's basic needs for up to 72 hours.Gifts are welcomed from the list here. For safety/storage reasons food should be within its recommended 'consume by' or 'sell by' date and containers undamaged.Can you spare an item or two from your shopping on a regular basis?
4. East Window, St Mary’s SelbyEast Window consists of five lights. The centre one is of Our Lady, the principal patron of the church, and St Germain and St Lawrence are on one side with St William of York and St Edward the Confessor on the other. The arms of the Petre Family appear in the side windows.